Monday, May 9, 2011

He Cares...He Really Cares!

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 05/09/11

This beautiful little wild flower was growing up between the concrete blocks of our back patio where we hang the laundry. It was a huge reminder to me of God's sovereignty and infinite care. As Scripture reminds us..."and if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you.”

He cares that I am still in the turmoil of cultural adjustment as we've only been living here for seven months. He cares that I still don't understand the language. He cares that I miss my friends. He cares for my kids as they attend a Spanish-speaking school even though they don't yet speak Spanish. He cares that I can't find Cheerios in the grocery store. He cares that we have left everything familiar behind to follow Him into the unfamiliar.

That single flower growing up in an unlikely place served as a reminder that God cares and He is walking this journey with me and my family as we seek to love and obey Him in Nicaragua (Central America).

photographer: Bethany Bracht, Managua, Nicaragua

2 comments:

Linda said...

What a beautiful, faith-filled, hope-filled story! Thank you for sharing it with us. May God bless you as you continue to adjust to your new life there. Watch for additional surprises of joy that He has for you there.

Blessings,
Linda

Bella said...

Thank you for the reminder!!! Also know that there are other women, like you, around the world!!! Will pray today for you as you seek to do His will!! Keep smiling!! bella

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...