Monday, December 17, 2012

Unfading Beauty



STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 12/17/12


My husband and I arrived in Northwest Cameroon at the end of rainy season. The hills and trails were still a bit slippery but we enjoyed hiking on them, the dog often leading the way and pulling us along. We soaked in the beauty as we hiked and learned our way around.

As the rains ended, the trails improved. The grass had one last growth spurt, went to seed and then began dying, its beauty soon fading away.

We'd love to see your corner of the world and the people who live there...so please consider submitting your photo (jpeg, at least 600px x 400px) and verse (not on the photo) to: info@womenoftheharvest.com.

photographer: Chris Van Weerdhuizen, Cameroon, Africa “My husband and I serve as part of the support team for Wycliffe. Over the years (20 years in the Philippines and the past year in Cameroon) I’ve been privileged to do a variety of practical helps to support the Bible translation task. God has not gifted me in linguistics, but I can provide hospitality, be a listening ear, and encourage and pray for those who are. Together we can bring God’s word to the Bible-less people of the world.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...