Monday, July 30, 2012

My Rock

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 7/30/12
This picture was taken while my husband I were house-sitting for family friends who live right on the beach at Pointe Aux Cannoniers – a popular destination in Mauritius for many tourists from all over the world. As holiday makers were going out on 30 feet catamarans daily to pass the view of the spectacular Coin de Mire Island, I sat in the garden and gazed on this rock in the ocean.

In the midst of uncertainty and turmoil in my heart around the yearly re-application of our work permit – God whispered words of security into my mind. Indeed, He is our Rock and our Fortress. He will lead and guide us for His Name’s sake. Even if the authorities refuse us permission to stay on this little island – God will continue to build His Kingdom. I realized anew that whenever we are faced with troubled waters, the Mighty Hand of God will sustain His own. There is safety and security in His Presence.

photographer: Cecile Sander, Indian Ocean Island.
 
 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...