Monday, April 2, 2012

I Love the Patterns

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 04/20/12

You may be scratching your heads at the photo. It is a pattern in the sand made by the waves of the ocean on the northern coast of Peru. We were there for a few days of vacation a few years ago. Many people love to go to the beach in order to surf, boogie board, or swim. I don’t really care for any of those. This picture shows what I love about the beach. I love to see the patterns in the sand made by the receding waves, or footprints by the birds. Or to sense the awesome power in the sound of the waves. It reminds me of how God works. He is in the overarching picture. He is also in the smallest details, intricately woven into the patterns of our lives. He is to be awed.

photographer: Maria Ayala, Peru. "My husband and I are with Wycliffe, working with Latins who are leaders in Bible Translation. We usually live in Peru, but are currently in the US on furlough."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Maria
I love your picture. Ah, Mancora! Can't wait to go back! And I'm looking forward to seeing you guys again when you come back to Peru.
Rachel

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...