Monday, March 26, 2012

Seek. Bind. Strengthen.

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 3/26/12

This picture was taken when we were at a fundraiser for a church in a far bush community. The little girl had been with friends, then realized her mom was not around. She found her and the relief was pretty evident on her face. (As a side, she also had a fever; I felt her head. So she looks a little droopy at the end of the day.)

photographer: Vera Steury, Kenya. "My husband and I have been in Kenya now for 24 years. We work with the Maasai tribe in a remote area of Kenya. We do community-based health care (immunizations, HIV/AIDS counseling, clean water projects). I teach Sunday School, homeschool my own kids, and run a small guest house. My husband was born in Kenya as a missionary kid. All three of our children were also." You can visit Vera @ www.Steuryngs.blogspot.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...