Monday, September 26, 2011

Jubilant

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 9/26/11

This picture was taken one day when I was out for a walk on la rambla (a walkway) along the coastal shore of Montevideo. This walkway is a refuge for me as I love feeling like I have escaped the busy city life and am out in nature enjoying the great outdoors. It's true, I'm a country girl living in a big city...and la rambla is my 'great outdoor' adventure!

I have been working in this city as part of a church planting team for almost two years. I regularly like to go for a run or walk along la rambla and be reminded of the beauty of God's creation. God's artistic work in the majestic skies above, the rolling seas, the sandy beaches, and the flowers of the fields declare God's glory in a city where the people pride themselves in being atheist and have not yet repented or turned to their Heavenly Creator and Savior. I am reminded daily that if the people will not sing praises to their Creator, the rocks will cry out. Creation is singing unto its Creator and declaring His glory!

O that the creation and handiwork of God displayed along the coast of Uruguay will draw Uruguayans to confess with their mouths that Jesus is Lord and believe in their hearts that God has raised Him from the dead! What a day it will be!!

photographer: Rebecca Zurbrick, Montevideo, Uruguay.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Indeed! "Creation is singing unto its Creator and declaring His glory!"

Lovely.:)

Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...