Monday, March 21, 2011

My Peace


STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 3/21/11

I took this beautiful picture a few weeks after arriving in our new country of service. Little did I know that some days later, those very same calm waters would be disturbed by a cyclone passing by in the Indian Ocean. The contrast of the two views, reminded me of the words Jesus spoke to His disciples while preparing them for His departure. It also brought back the reality of how much I need those very words in the midst of all the unknowns I am facing in this spectecular surroundings, yet filled with idolatory and poverty that breaks one's heart. I know Jesus is with us in every season of life speaking those very words into ourcircumstances. Glory to Him!!

photographer:
Cecile Sander, Mauritus.


What's NEW this Week @ WOTH:

*onlineMagazine:
Check out our newest issue, March/April 2011, and see what is prompting great comments like this one: "Thanks for putting together the edition that you did! I think it's one of the best ever. Encouraging in that 'we're not alone' kind of way and helpful with the real stuff that we face overseas. Thanks!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...