Monday, March 28, 2011

Giggling Girls



STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 3/28/11

I was on a walk taking photographs in a village near my house one late afternoon when these four girls met me on their way home from school. They smiled and we exchanged greetings, pausing for a moment, and then they kept walking. Soon I heard them giggling and coming back towards me. They appointed the oldest girl to speak for them, and she said they wanted to shake my hand. (They don't often encounter foreigners, especially that they can talk to ;) They all giggled as I shook their hands and asked them a few questions about school that day. As they turned and ran down the road, I snapped this photo. I only wished it captured the sound of their laughter!

photographer: Gretchen Zens, Poipet, Cambodia.


What's NEW this Week @ WOTH:

*New Book Club starts next Monday: The Book--The Help. Click through for more details and book discounts!


*New Blog goes live next Tuesday: "Yellow Dress: and other things we do for Love", hosted by a young, single woman serving in the Middle East. Promises to tap into a whole new point of view for women serving cross-culturally.

1 comment:

KarenKTeachCamb said...

I loved seeing my adopted country in this photo! As I read the story I could just hear those little girls giggling, just like my students do! I think the uniforms gave it away, they are the same across the whole country.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...