Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Reflection of Him

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 11/29/10

I am a nurse at an orphanage in the Philippines. We take babies and young children who are unwanted, abused, or neglected. I am constantly amazed at how the Lord brings little ones handpicked by Himself. We see them come in malnourished with sores or other maladies. He allows us to care for them, love them, feed them, and watch them grow. We are "Jesus" to the little ones as well as to our staff and anyone who walks in our gates. While we love caring for the orphans, our greatest desire is to see they are placed in a Christian family where they can grow up knowing the Lord. We have opportunity to share Jesus with all who enter our compound.

Since I am to "be the hands and feet and voice of Jesus" I find it necessary to have my time alone with my Lord each day. I cannot be a reflection of Him unless I spend time in His presence. This picture was taken on an adjacent island to where I live, during a time of rest. The reflection of the sunset reminded me of how each of us need that time in the presence of God in order to reflect His love and goodness to those He brings our way.

photographer: Karen Tellefson, Philippines

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...