Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Who Can Stand, Read or Write? YOU.


STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 4/5/10

My husband took this one. (Of course. :-) After not having seen the sun much for a while, we went out to see the sun set. That's me on the ice with our two older children. The frozen body of water is what everyone around here calls "the sea," although it's really not a sea. It's a huge reservoir where the Dnepr River has been dammed up. This "sea" is the biggest physical blessing of life here for me! I love how beautiful it is, all the different colors I see in and around it, and swimming there during the incredibly hot summers. Before Ukraine, we lived in Russia, and that's where our hearts still are. When I start wanting to complain about having to be here, I thank God for "my sea."

Photo submitted by: Phyllis Hunsucker, Ukraine

What's NEW this week @ WOTH:

* WOTH Book Club Blog has just launched with Cries of the Heart, by Ravi Zacharias! Venture to the blog and join in! Linda Swanson, our moderator, has chosen the next book for the summer months too.

*Read a funny, snarky piece on Newsletters: The Top 10 Pet Peeves. Are you guilty of committing any? Find out how NOT to write a boring newsletter @ WOTH Writer's Blog.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Thank you so much for posting this! I forgot to say that we took 99 photos that evening; it was just so beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...