Monday, August 13, 2012

Shine Like the Sun



STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 8/13/12

What a joy when my young friend from Madagascar recently visited me on her way back from a three month trip to Australia.  I was privileged to see God start a wonderful work in her life ten years ago (she was only 15) when we lived on her island. She helped me to learn Malagasy, while any visit to my home was a good excuse for her to practice English. Today, she has a BA degree in teaching and is doing an honors degree with English as her main subject.

More precious than her academic work is how she is flourishing in her walk with God. Three months with outspoken atheists away from her own country solidified her testimony as a Christ-follower. I “stole” this photograph of her on our favorite beach just before she left to go back to her country in political turmoil. While my heart was heavy for her, God assured me of His amazing work in her, and on her behalf...Our God is not watching us from a distance, but is lovingly at work wherever we are. 

photographer: Cecile Sander, Indian Ocean Island.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...