Monday, October 10, 2011

Bears our Burdens

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 10/10/11

While serving as a nurse in a Yanomami jungle village in Northern Brazil I would sometimes go walking to visit a sick baby, a discouraged mother or anyone who happened to be at home. I often had my camera in hand. I took this picture of Maikox because I liked the jungle frame around him. He was returning after gathering leaves and twine to be used in the thatch roof on a new house.

The more I looked at the picture later it reminded me of the less visible burdens we often carry. This particular man has heard many times about the God who offers to take his burden of sin, but sadly he chooses to continue being weighed down and destroyed by its weight. As believers we are so blessed to be able to walk freely, having handed our burdens to a strong God! Let's not grow weary in sharing and living that message! The Lord will work in people's hearts in His time.

photographer: Debbie Murphy, Brazil. “I am a nurse and I worked for 8 years in this Yanomami village in northern Brazil. I did medical work in the village as well as Bible teaching with the women.”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...