Monday, April 11, 2011

My Burden is Light

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 04/11/11

After almost 10 years in Africa, I’m so used to men and women carrying huge loads on their heads. Once in a while, though, an exceptional load catches my eye and almost immediately the verse came to my mind. Especially women carry heavy ‘loads’ here, in all kinds of ways. It’s my prayer that their burdens could be lighter and they would find peace for their souls. I shot this picture on a family vacation at the coast of Ghana.

Photographer: Ineke Van Dingenen, Burkina Faso. “I’m a mother of 4 girls and my husband is a doctor. We’re missionaries with Tearfund Belgium to Burkina Faso, West Africa. Our mission is to make good quality medicine available to all, including the poorest. I must say we are really stuck to our computer these days to follow on internet what happens in neighboring country Ivory Coast. We had quite a week last week here too with curfew, soldiers shooting in the air all night etc… there’s a lot going on nowadays, isn’t it? It’s good to know God has everything in his hands!”

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...