Tuesday, August 10, 2010

You Who Hunger

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 8/09/10

I work with orphans and vulnerable children in the township outside the capital city of Namibia. This little girl came to our center one day with her big brother. She would watch him as he played with the other kids and I could tell she wanted to join in the fun. When I look at all of these precious children, I hope for them a very bright future. Often, the first step in that direction is getting them to also have that hope within themselves.

photographer:
Hannah Sterling, Namibia. "I have been living in Namibia for over a year and enjoy spending as much time as I can with the children in the community. I mostly work with orphans and vulnerable children on an educational level but also give psychosocial support and help to build their self-confidence through creative writing and other avenues."
http://hannahsterling.blogspot.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...