Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Hidden Flower

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 6/20/10

I was out walking one morning enjoying the cool air after a brief rain storm. I came around the corner and ran into a group of young girls just returning from washing their clothes in the nearby marsh water. Many of them were excited to see me and jump around and they all wanted their picture taken.

But this young girl shied back. She smiled timidly and when I began to talk with her, her eyes shone with joy. She was the hidden flower amongst all the other children who were anxious for attention. Eventually they went their way and I went mine, but her face is still in my mind, and thankfully my camera!

photographer: Chantelle McIver, Niamey, Niger

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...