Monday, September 10, 2012




STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 9/10/12


One of the Steury family traditions is that the child we are taking to the US for college gets to pick the country we fly through.  Now, before you get a jet setting image in your mind, let me explain, there are rules.  We have to be traveling towards the U.S (which is a bummer because I want to go to Australia), and it has to be a country not currently at war.  This year, our last born, chose Israel.

Now I love all the places we visit in our missionary travel, but there is something bizarre that transition does to me. As soon as I get familiar with my surroundings, as soon as I can recognize a familiar landmark, I want to live there.  No more packing, no more goodbyes, no more living out of my suitcase.  We stayed longer inIsrael than the other places we had traveled.  I was so sold on the idea of living in a little apartment outside the Damascus Gate that I even had my fantasy self buying figs from the same seller and leading him to Jesus.

So, that said, transition and the lack of a home feeling, make me take pictures of others having a life. I have tons of pictures of people pushing life. That's why I love this picture. I have a feeling I am not the only one that transition does a number on.

We'd love to see your corner of the world and the people who live there...so please consider submitting your photo (jpeg, at least 600px x 400px) and verse (not on the photo) to: info@womenoftheharvest.com.

photographer: Vera Steury, Kenya

1 comment:

The Younger of the Two said...

This is SO true! Thank you for sharing both the photo and the thoughts! Bless you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...