Monday, December 5, 2011

Yellow Dress Girl

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 12/5/11

I always had my camera with me in Kenya, not only due to its value, but also because I didn’t want to miss a great picture. One quiet afternoon, I decided it would be my best chance to fit in my daily journaling. I sat on a rock close to my hut and started writing. A little girl, who lived in the orphanage where we were staying, had been playing a few yards away. I watched as she hopped off the rock and headed down to the soccer field. I had a quick thought that the color of the blue door behind her would contrast her yellow dress. I picked up my camera, took a picture of her as she walked in front of the door, and went back to journaling.

photographer: Kelsey Lane, USA. "I am a 16 year-old who has always loved living in Denver, Colorado. I am a cheerleader and a junior in high school at Front Range Christian School. Every year, my youth pastor offers the Kenya trip to whomever feels called to go. I asked God if I should go, thinking there wouldn’t be a reply, but there was. And it wasn’t a very specific answer; God said, 'Go to Kenya, I want to show you something.' I asked him again and again throughout the following weeks and each time I got the same response. So I told my youth pastor I wanted to go and started fundraising."

2 comments:

SusanSDG said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SusanSDG said...

Beautiful shot! Congratulations on a great beginning to your missions and photography careers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...