Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Art Brings Life!

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 5/10/10

I teach art in the prisons in Thailand and take a lot of photos so that I have source material. A young man from a prison in Thailand painted a painting of this boat picture. The painting is a little stormier than the photo, but then his life has been stormier too. When he first came into my class he showed no emotion on his face at all. Now, after one of the other students befriended him and led him to Christ he has a sweet, shy smile as the love of God shines through.You never can tell where the Spirit is working!

photographer: Charlotte Blanford. "My husband and I have worked with the Christian Prison Ministry here in Thailand for almost 6 years now. We are long term self-supporting volunteers.I teach Art in prison, both men's and women's. It all started because of a mural I painted on the wall at language school, and a prison warden happened to see it...."

What's NEW this week @WOTH:

*WOTH Book Club Blog: The next book selection, Gilead, and its lively discussion starts on Monday, June 7! Be a part of this fun and stimulating conversation!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...