Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pudgy Fingers

STORY BEHIND THE PHOTO: Picture Praise, 10/25/10

This picture I took in November '09. It was the day before I was to leave for a 6 month furlough, and one of "my kids" was sitting on my lap. He was two and I just loved his pudgy fingers and thought to myself, "He'll be all grown up when I come back - no more pudgy fingers!" It made me feel melancholy about having to leave the field (Ukraine) for 6 months and missing out on so many moments in the lives of those I loved. I decided to snap his hand in my hand (discretely, while sitting in church). Then the scripture, "May the Lord richly bless you and your children," Psalm 115:14, came to my heart. Indeed! Let it be!

photographer: Tammy Swailes, Ukraine. "I am a missionary in Eastern Europe working with INSTE Bible College. I live in Ukraine, but travel and work in Hungary, Romania, Spain and France also. I love working with churches, making disciples and training leaders! I also love photography and the stories that can be told in a picture."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...